Mackenthun’s loves to support our community! If you are hoping to partner with us, please make sure you meet the requirements and then fill out the applicable form below. Thank you!
Charitable Giving Policy and Request Procedure
Our Contributions support ongoing operations and tangible, lasting projects within the communities we serve. The primary focus of our policy is:
Education: Local school projects and educational activities
Human Needs: Hospitals, medical research, health education and awareness
Civic and Community: Local food shelves, projects that enhance community life and safety
The Environment: Protection, conservation of natural resources
Mackenthun’s Charitable Giving Committee meets the first week of each month to review requests. Request status is provided via email.
- Please review Mackenthun’s bagging instructions before your fundraiser. Each member should be trained in proper bagging techniques.
- No eating or drinking while bagging groceries.
- Please take your breaks in our employee breakroom.
- Do not ask for tips. The tip containers are there for the customers to tip if they choose.
- Please first ask customers if they would like their groceries bagged. Some customers prefer to bag their own.
- Please ask customers if they prefer plastic, paper or reusable bags.
- Carefully check to ensure each customer receives all of their groceries before moving on to bag the next order.
- Remember to thank each customer!
- Please wear a shirt identifying your group.
- Mackenthun’s requires name tags for all members.
- Closed toe shoes must be worn for safety reasons.
- It is helpful to have long hair pulled back.
- Designate at least one adult each shift as a group leader.
- Divide hours for bagging into shifts, making sure all hours are covered (we suggest limiting your shifts to 3 or 4 hours).
- For all events including holidays, we require a minimum of 6 volunteers and a maximum of 12 on duty during designated times – one to two volunteer(s) for each check lane.
- Volunteers under the age of 14 need adult supervision, 1:1
- For the day and time of the event our usual baggers are not scheduled, so it is imperative that your group meets the staffing requirements.
- You must contact us at least 3 weeks in advance if you determine that your group cannot fully staff your event.
- Provide two posters (22” × 28”) with info about your group, what you are raising funds for, and that you are bagging groceries for tips. We will put these in prominent locations in the store.
- Please make sure each volunteer bagger is able to answer questions about your group and what you are raising funds for.
- We can help promote your group and bagging fundraiser! Please send information such as your fundraising goals, your website address, social media, and group photo to [email protected]
- Provide up to two posters (22” × 28”) with information about your group, what you are raising funds for, and that you are bagging groceries for tips. We’ll put these in prominent locations in the store.
- Provide 10 containers for tips and place them at the end of each check lane. Clearly mark the containers with your group’s information on them. Some customers prefer to use their credit card for tips. We add the tip to their order using a unique code and reimburse your group by check the following week.
- At the completion of your fundraiser, please notify Mackenthun’s of the amount raised.
- Consider creating a thank-you that we can post in our media to our customers for supporting your group.